Originally, homeowners implemented outdoor lighting as a security measure. Now, the market has come to the realization that outdoor lighting techniques are multifaceted. They can be used to enhance the usability of outdoor space, the value of landscape and the overall beauty of a home.
"Lighting what was once a dark space outside your home, creates a sort of magical feeling," says John Minor of Irrigation & Lighting Specialist. "When applied correctly, outdoor lighting principles can provide safety, aesthetic appeal, visual balance, and mood enhancement. All of this with the same system!"
Principles of Outdoor Lighting
Below are a few principles to keep in mind when designing an outdoor lighting system:
- Depth - Refers to the how far of the viewer's gaze travels as they observe a home. The designer controls the viewer's gaze, and primary focus.
- Perspective - Your outdoor space is a three dimensional canvas for light. You can create visual interest from different viewpoints.
- Focal Points - Visual "destinations" or points of focus in the observation experience. Focal points are used to take the viewer through the landscape, step by step.
- Quality and Direction - Using lights as if they are paint, and "painting" your landscape surrounding your home with various lighting intensities and directions to reach the desired mood and visual impact.
- Symmetry and balance - Highlighting areas, structures, or parts of the home that have natural beauty.
We have developed our own signature system of applying these design principles. Under our new system we take a different approach, not only focusing on how you can use space outside your home after dark, but what kind of lighting delivers the absolute best accents to the landscape and beauty of your home.
For a limited time customers can add our outdoor landscaping and accent lighting at off-season, low prices!
To learn more about our outdoor lighting services or to schedule a free consultation, call John Minor of Irrigation & Lighting Specialist at 877-443-5833, or email John. We look forward to helping you get the most out of your home's outdoor environment!