Due to the above-average rainfall, several homeowners have had to deal with flooded lawns and inadequate lawn irrigation. July also happens to be Smart Irrigation Month, making it the perfect time to explore ways to avoid flooding, save money, reduce water consumption and have a healthier lawn.
"When homeowners think of lawn irrigation companies, they usually only associate us with installing irrigation systems to keep their lawn hydrated, but we really do a lot more than that," says John Minor, owner of Irrigation and Lighting Specialist. "Our job and our goal is to promote a healthy lawn that you can be proud of, and this includes making sure your lawn isn't over-watered or flooded. We also want to make maintaining your green spaces easy and convenient."
- Helping customers identify and maintain low water landscapes that will thrive in our climate and site conditions.
- Installing new irrigation systems that use real-time weather data and soil moisture sensors to automatically adjust water to meet plant needs.
- Using low volume micro-irrigation to precisely apply small amounts of water to gardens, trees and shrubs, minimizing evaporation and waste.
- Retrofitting existing systems with rain sensors that prevent watering in rainy weather.
- Helping customers program automatic controllers to comply with community water restrictions while extracting maximum benefit from every drop of water.
- Auditing irrigation systems to make sure water is being used effectively and making necessary adjustments.
Smart Lawn Irrigation with Irrigation Smart Controllers
Using the Irrigation Smart Controllers is easy. All you do is input your zip code, desired watering schedule and your soil type, and the controller does the rest! You will never have to worry about your lawn irrigation system kicking on while it is raining or when you lawn doesn't need the extra water.
"In a recent project, we helped a Charlotte homeowner install an irrigation smart controller on an existing irrigation system, and they were more than pleased with the results," says Minor. "They were amazed by how easy it was to maintain their yard. It is incredible to have access to devices that make lawn irrigation so easy for busy homeowners."
To learn more about smart practices for lawn irrigation or to schedule an appointment, call John Minor at Irrigation Lighting Specialist at 877-433-5833 or email John. Just because it has been rainy doesn't mean you have to settle for a flooded yard!