In today's world, everyone is looking for something to make their lives easier. When we need information quickly, we use the internet. When we need to connect with someone, we use a cell phone, and when we need to find a destination, we use a GPS. But, what can we use to help with the maintenance of our lawns? The answer is simple, irrigation systems.
Between work, children and a social life, the time it takes to properly maintain an attractive lawn is limited. It is hard to find the time to stand in our lawn with a hose everyday to make sure each plant is getting properly hydrated. That is one reason Charlotte irrigation installation has become so popular. It saves time and work, and the end results speak for themselves.
Charlotte Irrigation Installation Trend
The latest trend in residential Charlotte irrigation installation is drip irrigation. It was mainly used for agriculture at one time, but due to its advantages, homeowners have caught on and started using drip irrigation as a secret weapon to water their plants and vegetation.
"The highly unique and efficient design of drip irrigation systems have made it a powerful tool for Charlotte homeowners to capitalize on," said John Minor, owner of Irrigation and Lighting Specialist. "It is a great tool that can be used to grow plants on any scale, and our customers love the convenience factor."
What is Drip Irrigation?
A drip irrigation system consists of vinyl or polyethylene tubing that is installed between emitters that disburs water to the areas that need it. The emitters direct the water to the root systems without wasting water. By maintaining a water level that will keep your roots moist, your plants, crops and greenery will grow quicker and larger than with normal watering methods.
Five Advantages of Charlotte Drip Irrigation Installation
In addition to drip irrigation's highly effective watering methods, it also provides the following advantages:
- Accuracy - The emitters of your drip irrigation system are used to determine how much water is released and where. You won't have to worry about overspray or flooding. Your drip irrigation system will be designed to deliver the right amount of water to the most effective watering locations.
- Reduces Diseases - Diseases are more prevalent when water sits on top of leaves or foliage. Since your drip irrigation system will direct water to the roots, you will decrease the incidence of diseases, which means your plants have a greater chance of living longer.
- Time Saver - Your drip irrigation system will take care of all your watering needs and reduces the amount of time your plants need to be watered. You will no longer have to spend hours every week trying to evenly water all of your plants.
- Efficiency - Because drip irrigation systems use less water than other methods of irrigation, they can be up to 90-percent more efficient. Since you won't be wasting water, you will save on your water bill and help the environment.
- Versatility - Your drip irrigation system can be customized with safety valves, lateral tubes and pumps that can be tailored to fit your exact needs. Additionally, you will not be required to level terrain to install your system. A drip irrigation system can practically be designed to go anywhere and water anything.